Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Welcome to "Life is Learning"

I am currently enrolled in a class focusing on integrating technology into the classroom. My most recent assignment was to create a blog where I can share my thoughts with other educators and, in turn, receive feedback from them....a Personal Learning Network. While I have found it easy to share my thoughts and activities with others on my personal blogsite, I have found reflecting on my professional life in writing, more difficult (I am more of a talker). I am excited, however, about writing professionally in this familiar format.

In creating this blog, I considered many different titles--from very boring to extremely corny. After some reflection into my own beliefs (and while watching my three-year-old son learn to play
Candyland), I came up with Life is Learning. Not too original since the phrase has been used over and over (and over), but appropriate for the focus and direction I would like my blog to take.

So there (or here) you have it! Please check back often and share your thoughts.  
Happy reading (and commenting)!
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Ghostlibrarian said...

It surprises me that I didn't get into blogging earlier since I enjoy reading everyone's. You remind me that we take a lot of stuff with us into the classroom. How much of it do we need to put on the shelf and how much can we allow our students to see?